Monday 11 June 2012

The week ahead and the Magnificent Seven!

Woke up this morning to the news that attacks on guide dogs were on the increase and immediately thought how sick can people get? Then Mrs B told me it was other dogs attacking them! The first press stories of the nomination ran today and feedback started arriving from friends and supporters alike. It seems that a lot of people agree with me that they would prefer a person with direct policing experience as Police and Crime Commissioner then a career politician. I'm speaking at the UK Revenue Protection Agency on Wednesday discussing the true cost of the commercial cultivation of cannabis. I estimate it at over £200 million in stolen electricity! Heading to the North East Fraud Forum conference at NUFC on Thursday and North Tyneside to see the Olympic torch on Friday. Starting to pull the campaign team together and already had volunteers. As I said to them a volunteer is worth 10 pressed men. I feel like Yul Brynner in the Magnificent Seven! As well as planning the campaign I actually did some forensic accountancy work on 3 cases. One is an asset stripping case where directors are fleecing the company. Another is a serious organised crime job where we are looking at recovering assets from the bad guys and finally trying to track down 2 sports cars which were disposed of by a bad guy who was trying to hide his assets following confiscation. I've included these things because I think you will find it interesting as to what forensic accountancy involves and it shows that I'm still passionate about fighting crime and hurting the bad guys where it hurts most, in their pockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment