Tuesday 12 June 2012

Campaign Team

Great day today!  The team is coming together and I welcome on board my campaign manager and field worker!  I also have an experienced team of former senior police officers, business people and fellow party members who have pledged their support and assistance.  Even more gratifying is the number of serving and former police officers who have contacted me and pledged their votes already, and do you know why??  Because they agree they do not want a politician as their Crime Commissioner!  They would prefer someone with direct policing experience.  I think this is fantastic given the recent nervousness and tensions surrounding the Winsor review.

Today was the first day when I actually got out to meet some people in the business world and talk to them about my campaign and I have to say they were very supportive.  Tomorrow I'm leaving home at 4am to drive down to the Midlands to speak at the UKRPA event I mentioned yesterday.  It will be interesting to see if the energy industry are willing to take up the challenge and pull together to try and design out these cannabis farms.  They could do so much if they just worked together and linked up with academia, the police and other partners.  Let's hope they listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment