Thursday 23 August 2012

No P45's for police officers on my watch I want more!

Everybody is talking about cuts to the police front line but the truth is that not one officer has had a P45 issued to them and in my own home force Northumbria the Chief Constable is recruiting 40 more Constables this year as well as cutting crime.  40 more is great but it's not enough I want more and you might say how many more?  Well enough to ensure that the public gets the service it deserves and expects.  I've now driven over 1000 miles across the region and it's true to say that in some villages in Northumberland they very rarely see a police officer and would dearly love to do so.  So that's the challenge for me as a prospective PCC how do I deliver what the public expects.  Well it's about looking at the extended family of policing, PC's, Special Constables and of course CSO's as well as looking at the interoperability of emergency services especially in more rural locations.  So that's what I'm working on, fighting to protect the front line of policing, slashing bureaucracy and investing in reinfiorcements. 

1 comment:

  1. As well as keeping or increasing the prescense of police on the streets, would you take action against Police chiefs who are able to keep their pension despite wrong doing, simply by retiring before any case is brought ?
    Dave J

    ReplyDelete